Some Essential Tips To Stay Safe On A Boat
In this article, I’m going to be giving you a lot of information that will make sure that you are very safe on a boat. Boating is certainly a very fun hobby. You should invest a little important, because it has been proven to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and more. It is something that will positively affect your life, and it is something that will give you a lot of exercises. Here are some safety tips that you should definitely follow, to be safe on a boat.
1. Firstly, you should always wear a professional life jacket. Most of the boating fatality victims have been found not wearing a professional and personal floatation device. You should always carry an extra personal floatation device if you are an adult or a child. Any child who is younger than 13 years old, must wear a professional and personal floatation device while on the boat, and it is a mandated law.
2. Secondly, you should avoid alcohol consumption while on the board. The probability of being killed in a boating accident usually doubles or even triples when alcohol is consumed. Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol is very dangerous, and it can be comparable to driving a car while you consumed some alcohol.
Boating while intoxicated is strictly enforced and also carries a lot of penalties which are similar to driving while intoxicated. It is even possible for you to lose your boating license.
3. You should also make sure that you should operate the board at a very safe speed. Although there are a lot of numerical speed limits on the water, citations will be issued for excessive speed and very reckless operation of the board. You should make sure that you use common sense and, you should operate at a very safe speed at all times, especially when you are in the water with other boats. Excessive speeding will get you in trouble, and it is considered hazardous to the others who are on the board and the other boat in the water.
4. You should make sure that you have enrolled yourself in a board education course, if you are planning a boating trip and if you are planning on driving about yourself. It is a good idea for the whole family and friends, to enrol in a boat education course. The majority of vessels involved in boating accidents are operated by people who are from the age of 25 to 50 years. For more information, you need to take up a course that will help you and discourse will tell you what to do clearly.
5. Make sure that you are especially careful on personal watercraft. PWC operators and passengers must always wear a US Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device. Before you borrow or even rent a PWC, you need to take the time to learn how you can operate the vessel and, you need to know all of the rules.
6. Make sure that you sign up for email blast that keep giving you information about boating, especially if you are planning a boating trip.