A Safety Checklist For Your Boating Plans
Whether you are somebody who is taking your boat out for skiing, diving, day cruising, fishing or weak surfing, you need to remember to pack the essential safety gear, because it could be a life of that scenario. If you keep it on board, you will be appearing by the laws. Even though the United States Coast Guard requires you to have many different kinds of items, you should make sure that you have way more than they recommend, because you need to be concerned about your own safety. In this guide, I am going to list out some safety equipment for your boat. You need to make sure that you keep these things in mind and on your boat.
1. The very first thing that I would like to talk about would-be life jackets. These are also called wearable personal flotation devices. They are essential, and there are three types; type one, type two and type three. You need all of these life jackets on board. It completely depends on what kind of crew and people you have on board. It also depends on the age of the people you have on board.
2. You should also be certain that you have throw will floatation devices. In addition to all of the life jackets that you have on board, you will need a couple of floatation devices which will help individuals, if they are in trouble in the water. You will be able to fling it out onto the surface of the water, so that people can hold onto it and, you can pull them in. This works great, if you find a stranded human being in the water.
3. You should also have fire extinguishers. A boat is a machine and machines can catch fire, because it uses fossil fuel. Fossil fuel is highly combustible. That is why, you need to have at least 2 to 3 fire extinguishers on board. You will have to pull the pin and squeeze the handle and aim it at the base of the flames, if there are any flames.
4. You should also be certain that you have to visual signalling devices. The best use of visual signalling devices is exactly what it sounds like. It is used to signal other boats and other human beings that you are stranded. A visual distress signal is usually sent in a variety of packages and requirements, because they literally tell people, whoever sees it, that you are stranded and that you need help. Most of the visual signals can be used in both daylight and in the night time. Most of these devices are very useful in the night time, because they are very bright. Flares are the best example of a visual signalling device.
5. Depending on what kind of boat you are on, you need to have a number of items. You need to have a medical kit for cats, seasickness, small emergencies and scrapes.
6. You need to make sure that your boat has a proper anchor, an anchor that is capable of anchoring you to a certain spot.